After filling out your health questionnaire, we will sit down and discuss the issues you'd like to address, as well as your overall lifestyle and level of health- work, stress level, diet, sleep, and exercise routine. The exam consists of checking your pulse, looking at your tongue, palpating the acupuncture channels on your arms, legs, and/or abdomen, and doing some range of motion tests. The treatment involves a limited number of needles (7-12 usually), along with some form of manual therapy such as cupping and massage. Each treatment is tailored to the individual, and will address both your main complaint and any larger patterns that may be present. Some patients prefer to come in just for massage, while others enjoy a combination of acupuncture and massage... Just let me know your preference. You will also likely get some sort of homework; self-care exercises that will help you make the most out of your time between visits and empower you to take the extra steps needed to optimize your health. This gives you a "tool box" of techniques to utilize should any similar issues arise at a later date.
- $85 for 60 minutes of acupuncture and/or massage
- $120 for 90 minutes of acupuncture and/or massage
Things to keep in mind
- It is best have eaten a meal at least a few hours before your treatment, and to not have loaded up on caffeine.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that allow easy access to acupuncture points up to the elbows and knees.
- Always let me know if you have questions about the treatment or healing process; I'm just a text away, so please don't hesitate to contact me.